Find the answers you need
Have a question about the services we offer? We're here to help!
Please select a topic on the left or click any of the icons above if you can't find what you are looking for here.
- Why am I unable to ship Samsung Galaxy Note 7?
- Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)?
- I have 4 small packages, would you be able to pack it under 1 box to save on the shipping charges?
- What modes of payment are acceptable for vPost shipping charges?
- How long will the shipment take?
- Can I store my package at your warehouse in USA for 1-2 months? Is there any corresponding fee and how much?
- What is the difference between FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost and how does this affects my US packages?
With the recent global recall due to safety issues over its battery, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will not be allowed for shipping until further notice.
2. Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee? (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)
When your package reaches our facility in US, Europe or Japan, we will measure and weigh the package to calculate the volumetric and actual weight of the package. As per freight industry practice, the chargeable weight of a package is calculated based on Volumetric or Actual weight, whichever is higher.
Volumetric weight of a package is a calculation that reveals the density of a package. A less dense package generally occupies more volume of space compared to its actual weight.
Volumetric weight = [ length(cm) x breadth(cm) x height(cm) ] / 5,000cm
Minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and subsequent weight step is 0.1kg thereafter.
You can advise your merchant to ensure proper packaging and pack your purchase into a smallest possible box.
For USA packages, you may also select Economy Shipping Mode which charges based on the actual weight of your packages.
3. I have 4 small packages, would you be able to pack it under 1 box to save on the shipping charges?
No. We do not provide physical consolidation of packages.
Currently, the following modes of payment are available:
a. Credit/Debit Cards (Visa/Master)
For credit cards, vPost currently only accepts locally issued credit cards for payment.
c. American Express (AMEX)
Please ensure that you have made the necessary arrangements for any of the above payment modes before using vPost Shipping Services.
It will depend on your selection of shipping mode.
- Economy - within 12 to 17 working days from the date of payment.
- Standard - within 7 to 10 working days from the date of payment.
6. Can I store my package at your warehouse in USA for 1-2 months? Is there any corresponding fee and how much?
vPost charges USD$1.25 per package per day for packages that are held for more than 21 days from processed date.
This fee applies to all packages at our 3 warehouses.
Example: Package is in your account on 5 October, the holding fee will starts on 27 October
vPost also reserves the right to dispose the package which is more than 30 days from the processed/declaration date.
7. What is the difference between FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost and how does this affects my US packages?
FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost are domestic package delivery services offered in conjunction with United States Postal Service (USPS) for packages delivered locally in USA. For merchants that use either of these services, you will be provided with either one of the tracking numbers in use by FedEx/UPS or USPS. For FedEx SmartPost, almost all of these packages will only have the USPS tracking number. For UPS SurePost, they will usually provide a UPS tracking number.
In the event that your packages are delivered by your merchants using either of these 2 services, please use the USPS tracking number to search for your package or when submitting an enquiry to us.
Please see below image for an example on how to get your USPS tracking number for UPS SurePost packages: