Charges & payment
- What are the shipping charges?
- Where do I enter my voucher code?
- Why is the voucher code I entered not valid?
- How will I be notified of the total shipment charges I have to pay?
- Besides the shipping charges, what are other charges that I have to be aware of?
- If I do not use vPost to ship my item after it has arrived, are there any charges to return the package to merchant?
- What is the cost of the holding fee if my package(s) is still in warehouse after 21 days of free storage is over?
- What is your minimum chargeable weight?
- How do I make payment for the vPost shipping charges?
- What modes of payment are acceptable for vPost shipping charges?
- Am I able to claim back sales tax (VAT) through vPost?
- Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee?
Please view the respective vPost shipping charges for our vPost Shipping Services here.
Once your packages have arrived and are declared, it will be listed under "Packages Ready To Ship". Before you proceed to check out your packages, you will be able to enter your voucher code.
vPost runs several promotions all year round, catered to the different seasons and different needs of our customers.
If you entered a voucher code and it is not valid, please countercheck the entered voucher code for its terms and conditions of use.
You may wish to contact us if there is any problem using any of the valid voucher code(s).
Once your package has been processed by our warehouse team, you will be notified via email that your package has arrived in our warehouse. Your package will be assigned with a Package ID number. You may then log in to your account and check on the shipping charges that you need to pay.
Holding Fee: There is a charge of USD$1.25 per package per day for packages that are held for more than 21 days from the date your package is in your account.
6. If I do not use vPost to ship my item after it has arrived, are there any charges to return the package to merchant?
For returns to merchants with a valid prepaid label, amount payable will be the administrative handling charge of USD5.20 only. However, if your merchant did not provide a valid prepaid label, then the cost to deliver your package to merchant’s address will be payable by customer, which will include the administrative handling charge.
7. What is the cost of the holding fee if my package(s) is still in warehouse after 21 days of free storage is over?
vPost charges USD$1.25 per package per day for packages that are held for more than 21 days from processed date.
This fee applies to all packages at our 3 warehouses.
Example: Package is in your account on 5 October, the holding fee will starts on 27 October.
Our minimal chargeable weight for all vPost packages is 0.5kg and subsequent weight increase thereafter is at 0.1kg.
Once your package is in your account, you can proceed to declare and make payment for your packages.
Currently, the following are the available modes of payment:
a. Credit/Debit Cards (Visa/Master) For credit cards, vPost currently only accepts locally issued credit cards for payment.
c. American Express (AMEX)
Please ensure that you have made the necessary arrangements for any of the above payment modes before using vPost Shipping Services.
No, currently vPost does not provide a service for claiming of sales tax incurred by our customers when they shop online from overseas merchants.
When your package reaches our facility in US, Europe or Japan, we will measure and weigh the package to calculate the volumetric and actual weight of the package. As per freight industry practice, the chargeable weight of a package is calculated based on Volumetric or Actual weight, whichever is higher.
Volumetric weight of a package is a calculation that reveals the density of a package. A less dense package generally occupies more volume of space compared to its actual weight.
Volumetric weight = [ length(cm) x breadth(cm) x height(cm) ] / 5,000cm
Minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and subsequent weight step is 0.1kg thereafter.
You can advise your merchant to ensure proper packaging and pack your purchase into a smallest possible box.
For USA packages, you may also select Economy Shipping Mode which charges based on the actual weight of your packages.